Have you ever experienced one or more of the following situations which can be attributed to your stinky feet?
- Waited to be alone in the locker room before removing your shoes because people immediately run away as you pollute the area?
- Could not summon the courage to ask someone out or even talk to the person for fear of them finding out about your smelly secret?
- Used sweat absorbing and anti-bacterial insoles with spotty results?
- Tried an endless list of products on your feet to try to reduce perspiration and odor?
- Dreaded being in a small meeting room as the smell from your feet will surely permeate the air very quickly?
- Thrown your shoes away in frustration after a only few months of use because they’ve become hopelessly foul?
- Have become paranoid about being too close to people?
If so, the information here might be relevant to you.
What this site is all about
On this site, we will explore the many facets of foot odor. The various causes, the degrees to which it manifests itself, the physical, psychological and social effects on those who suffer from it. We will try to explore and gather solutions that do work based on research and feedback from people. We’ll even look into what the scientific community (e.g. http://www.podiatryinstitute.com/) are up to regarding this matter.
What causes stinky feet?
Below is a list (most likely not complete) of what causes smelly feet
- Excessive sweating in the plantar region (i.e. hyperhidrosis of the feet).
- Certain vices (alcohol and drugs in particular).
- Poor hygiene
- Hormone changes
How to cure stinky feet
We will look into the broad spectrum of answers to find a cure for stinky feet.
- Changing of habits particularly those concerning foot hygiene.
- Home remedies for stinky feet (soaking feet in tea, baking soda).
- Use of commercial products (insoles, topical creams, antiperspirants).
- Lifestyle changes (staying from drugs and alcohol).
- Extreme ones (electrolysis or even surgery).
The proposed solutions may or may not work for everyone as is the case for most physiological issues. We recognize the fact that several factors affect the degree of the problem as well as the efficacy of different remedies.
The Low Down
There are a lot of information out there already about this embarrassing and very personal problem. This is our attempt to make sense of it all and sift through what’s relevant. We filter out the junk and commercial spam. Most importantly, we’ll help people desperately searching for solutions. We will need your feedback regarding what you’ve tried, what worked and what didn’t. We are not a funded organization. We’re just a bunch of people also looking for answers.